Why choose King Edward VI College?
Why Choose King Edward VI College over a school sixth form?
- Over 40 years experience specialising in sixth form education.
- An unrivalled range of courses all at one site.
- Respect for students as young adults.
- Highly qualified teachers dedicated to teaching only sixth form students.
- A proven record of success with a 98-99% pass rate at A level for the past 5 years.
- A grown up environment where students learn the work and personal skills needed for university or employment.
- A fresh start leads to more invigorated and motivated students.
- A chance to make new friends, have more freedom of expression and be treated like an adult.
- An unrivalled range of enrichment opportunities designed specifically for 16 to 19-year olds.
- 17 sports teams competing at national level.
What our students say…..
Our students gave the following reasons for coming to us rather than staying on at their school:
- More freedom and a more grown up learning environment.
- Lots more subjects to choose from
- Time to meet new people
- Wanted a change and a fresh start
- High standard of education
- All students the same age, no younger students
- Better opportunities
- Good support
- Easy to get to, close to train and bus station.
What the experts say
- “At least 78% of the Level 3 cohort in Sixth Form College are known to progress to Higher Education” SFCF Manifesto
- “Students from Sixth Form Colleges have better independent learning habits than those from school sixth forms including many fee paying schools and tend to be better prepared for Higher education.” University admissions conference keynote speaker
- An Ofsted study concludes that “the most effective group of providers among the sample visited was Sixth Form Colleges”
- “Research into post-16 structures shows that students at Sixth Form Colleges are likely to achieve better results than those in other provider types and at a lower cost per head” SFCF Manifesto.
- “The consistent success of Sixth Form Colleges is one of the glories of the education system which we celebrate” David Bell, previous Chief Inspector, Ofsted
- “colleges outperform all other providers of 16-18 education, in terms of value for money and outcomes for students” SFCA
- “Some 14% of students accepted to higher education come from sixth-form colleges, while independent schools supply 10%” SFCA
<a class=”btn btn-success” href=”/apply/online-application-form/”>Test</a>