How many hours per week?
360 GLH Equivalent in size to 1 A Level.
- Grade 4 in GCSE English Language
- A subject based audition
- Attainment 8 Score: 31
Under review for 2019/20 entry
Exam BoardPearson Apply for this course
This course can be taken alongside other qualifications related to your chosen field, for example A level Drama, Psychology, Law or a BTEC Certificate in Sport, this qualification is perfect for learners who are intending to study on a variety of courses which complement each other.
If you choose this course you would benefit from:
- Experienced teachers who specialise in Choreography, Exercise Fitness and have 19 years industry experience
- Learn about a variety of aspects of the Performing Arts industry to shape your career goals
- External dancers and industry experts offering workshops
- Trips and visits to industries and universities
What will I learn?
360GLH: 4 units over 2 years
Mandatory units include;
- Investigating Practitioners’ Work
- Developing Skills and Techniques for Live Performance
- Group Performance Workshop
Optional units will be selected from the following depending on strengths/interest of cohort;
- Classical Ballet Technique
- Tap Dance Technique
- Jazz Dance Technique
- Street Dance Technique
- Contemporary Dance Technique
What will I be taught?
This course is taught through predominantly practical lessons with classroom based learning and independent research. Students are to make use of materials on the college Moodle site to help develop their understanding. Revision sessions based on technique, memory and writing skills will be included in the content teaching and workshops/rehearsal techniques will also be included in practical sessions. This is then assessed through coursework where by students relate back to the industry and external synoptic examinations. In addition, your teacher and personal tutor will review and discuss your progress with you and will be available for advice to support your learning.
Where will this course take me?
Dance can benefit careers in; performing arts, choreography, teaching, enterprise – owning a dance school, exercise instructor, exercise therapist, through university, performing arts school or working up through the grades and teaching qualifications at your dance school.
How will I be assessed?
50% external assessment – exam & synoptic task
- Unit 1: Investigating Practitioners’ Work
- Unit 2: Developing Skills and Technique for Live Performance
50% internal assessment – coursework and practical assessment
- Unit 3: Group Performance
- Plus one Optional unit which is assessed internally.